SCOPE OF SERVICES
The NYC Department of Buildings is undertaking an enterprise licensing and permitting (“ELP”) project. The project will be performed in phases (inspections is the first phase). The DOB ELP project is considered to be a highly complex project with aggressive timetables. This consultant position will directly support City resources and responsibilities for the ELP project. The selected consultant will also be required to work closely with other vendors (e.g. systems integrator) procured by the City for this initiative as appropriate.
The minimum scope of services to be performed by the selected consultants will include:
• Provide technical expertise and guidance for application interface architectural, design, and implementation decisions.
• Provide expertise and participation in the development of and implementation of coding, development and architectural standards, and best practices and industry standards.
• Design and Document and Develop the technical specifications
• Develop and Unit Test and System Test Interface programs
• Provide support to Implementation team through adherence to the SDLC process, development and maintenance of code library to expedite implementation efforts, and identification/implementation of additional strategies to increase efficiency of implementation and support teams.
• Provide guidance and participate in the full development cycle of all enterprise integration, including the creation of formal functional requirements, technical design specs, development of quality test plans, interface threading programming, interface implementation and maintenance.
• Participate in monitoring accuracy of interfaces and data integrity of databases.
• Troubleshoot malfunctions of the interfaces and interface threads
• Participate in the execution of enhancements/replacements of legacy interface processes.
MANDATORY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered.
Minimum of 8 years experience in a particular technical and/or business application which is beyond the requirements addressed in the Project Manager III and Programmer/Analyst III Job Classification/Title as defined in a Project Definition/Specifications.
DESIRABLE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE : - Note: candidates who do not have the mandatory skills will not be considered
• 5+ years experience of enterprise architecture, software design, business process modeling, security and implementation strategies, and SDLC methodology.
• Experience developing distributed and transactional systems utilizing middleware/local databases and communicating with mainframe databases
• Experience with business process analysis, including requirements gathering and development of functional and technical specifications
• Experience with large scale, complex technology-oriented projects
• Experience on projects involving large scale system integration vendors
• Experience with in New York City government or similar organizations, preferably on large scale, complex technology-oriented projects